Quantum computing and Bitcoin

Started by Italian Panic, Sep 28, 2026, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Italian Panic

The era of quantum computers is just around the corner, and it seems that even within the Bitcoin community, steps are being taken to take precautions and prepare for the impact of this technology.
Discussions centre on what will become of the addresses from the Satoshi era and the d-Satoshi addresses, which are the first to be exposed to this technology, as their public keys are exposed and can therefore be easily reverse-engineered using that level of computing power.

What do you think?

naturelover

The query on this matter "Is there a Quantum Computer that can destroy Bitcoin's cryptography? As far as I know, there isn't one yet. So at this time we don't have to worry about that.

As far as I know, if we are bitcoin investors, the BTC addresses that we will use if we don't have hardware wallets should not start with 1, due to these addy prefixes seem a bit risky, especially if we are going to hold our BTC investment for the long term.

Italian Panic

Bitcoin's development has strong backing; I'm certain they'll find a solution. There will undoubtedly be a 'before' and an 'after', because non-quantum transactions will be uncovered and resolved; those who have provided their details via KYC systems will have their history made public, whilst those who have maintained a degree of privacy will have safeguarded their past and will embrace this new era.

naturelover

#3
When you pass Kyc, does that mean you are immediately exposed? Doesn't it? due to of course it still depends on the speed of change in the development of quantum computing, am I right?

Maybe if there are people who will be exposed, they will be the people who we can say did not take care of their privacy that is why they were exposed, due to if I look at it, it seems like this judgment, you know what I mean.